Sunday, June 10, 2012

Indian Summer


Summer is lost now
The frost is closing in
To the cold gospel dollar
The poor man walks in sin
I can't get no entrance

The doors all in rows
I pray into the distance

Let me out of these heavy clothes, I'm beggin'

[chorus]
Indian summer

I need some return
So hard to get warm now
It's so easy to get burned
Down on the pavement

The laws are learned
So hard to get warm where

It's so easy to get burned

One sister called up

Said the love have broken down
I said there too much ice around here

To find no solid ground
While I just squeeze a season 

From this paper bag
I pray to the burning tires

Wrap my feet in rags, beggin'
[chorus] 



Now the sky is empty
The street is sweating tears
Communion at the station
For a million grinding gears
While I'm riding out this century
The harvest engine sing
From the church of mercenaries
To a naked virgin spring I'm singin'



[chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment